Saturday, October 16, 2010

What a Great #Followalibrary Day!

Photobucket



More than 7000 tweets were made worldwide

While I was on holidays, it was #followalibrary day on Oct 1st. I promoted my wanglibrary twitter and also posed the question to a number of famous identities over the world.."What was their favourite library as a child?.." Her Majesty, Queen Noor of Jordon (Twitter account - QueenNoor)( replied to me that it was New York Library and John Birmingham, author (Twitter account - JohnBirmingham) and columnist replied Ipswich Library. I am thankful for those two wonderful people for taking time out in answering my question. I had sent a number of tweets to famous people as well as our own PM Julia Gillard but no luck there!!

The other benefit of this fantastic day on Twitter was to promote all libraries and meet amazing people in our profession on Twitter as well as anyone that loves libraries.

Apart from that I have been acknowledged by the organisers (Poulus Bliek, Wilma van den Brink, Lukas Koster, Edwin Mijnsbergen, Ad Aerts, Harriet de Man  - #followalibrary crew/organisers) in their blog. So you can see I'm "tickled pink" with excitement at Wanglibrary being noticed worldwide.

I would like to thank all of the #followalibrary crew for organising such a momentous event which shows libraries do it best!! Even on Twitter!!


http://followalibrary.blogspot.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment